Monday 27 July 2009

My god i love them all

Ok so i have been ill...yup the dreaded Swine Flu hit me! thank fully i took the Tamiflu and i am now recovered without it effecting the kids.

So there i am slobbed out on the sofa unable to leave the house because all of a sudden i have become one of the "Unclean" Jas would follow me round the house shouting "UNCLEAN!" (yea thanks love), and unable to move because my body has somehow aged by 80 years and i now feel like a member of the "Hip Op Sect" the house is a tip, and that is putting it mildly...My kids have just broken up for the summer holidays and there are 7 of us in a tiny 3 bed (and by 3 bed i mean 2 bed and a room the size of a wardrobe) house, it is persisting stair rods out side and the kids went on a wrecking spree...unable to handle it a second longer i try getting up to tidy and fall over, much to Alfie's delight as he starts singing "weebles wobble and they DO fall down" so Jas helps me up and ties me to the sofa, telling me to rest...yea like i have the energy to do aaaaanything else lol.

All of a sudden i am waking up, and i swear it is like a scene from Snow white, the kids are all cleaning up around me, and the place is sparkling, seeing me awake they tell Jas who is in the kitchen making me a fruit salad (he KNOWS not to touch the cooker lol) the kids all (when i say all i mean the older 3) shuffle off upstairs but not before i hear "I hope mummy likes it" from Lily. Jas brings in my fruit salad and a cup of much needed Coffee, with a stack of papers, he hands me the papers...and i burst into tears...

My beautiful wonderful gorgeous amazing babies have all done me pictures "Get better soon mummy" "we love you so much mummy" "best mummy ever" and from Alfie "HTRZPQV"...the papers were covered in pictures of flowers and happy families (Lily) Cars and an airport (Charlie) a chicken with feathers and an apple tree (Alfie) and a page full of stick on googly eyes (Harry) Jas gives me a hug and says "the kids waited for you to fall asleep then told me they wanted to make you happy by cleaning up!

My god i love them all so much, they drive me insane regularly but they really are the most amazing kids ever i am so bloody lucky to have each and every one of them.

EDA LESHAN:

Becoming responsible adults is no longer a matter of whether children hang up there pajamas or put dirty towels in the hamper, but whether they care about themselves and others -- and whether they see everyday chores as related to how we treat this planet.

3 comments:

Kim Wombles said...

Lovely! Brought tears to my eyes. :-) Such a nice break from the nasty I've been reading lately.

Just what I needed. I hope you are recovering well.

Missy Raven said...

Same Kim, it is so easy to sit there and moan about how crap life is but all it takes is just a few minutes to sit and think about all the wonderful things that happen on a daily basis. I was once told that the bad things that happen tend to stick with you...and that is so true. But i think we should all just take a few minutes to remember the good as well we will all be surprised at just how many good things actually happen.

kathleen said...

That is just a great story..I just love to hear things like this..I love when my herd suprises me with the same sort of things..You are so right-so many wonderful things do happen on a daily basis-I try and remember that every day. I have so much to be thankful for. Thanks for writing this-Like Kim says-it is a nice break from the nasty we have all been reading lately.